Monday, October 15, 2007

New project., new yarn

I've started a new project, of my own design, using Colourmart DK weight coned silk. I'm having to double-strand it, because there is no way that this is a true DK weight. More fingering, I'd say. That's Colourmart. Their laceweight is cobweb, and their four-ply is lace-weight, etc. Gorgeous yarn, though. The color I have is "Camel," a nice neutral. I'm making a top-down raglan lace blouse, meant to evoke 1930s England.

harriet 001

I'm almost down to where I can put the sleeve stitches on waste yarn.

I did a bit of stash enhancement over the weekend. Because I'm just sitting here, waiting to go to Brazil, I'm going through the yarn at a faster rate than usual. I ordered some Elann Pegasus in Sky Blue and some Elann Ramie/Cotton. The Pegasus will be combined with some Connemara I bought last year to become this, and the Ramie/Cotton will become this. I love the look of Berocco's Bling Bling, but I couldn't justify $140 for a short-sleeved sweater. $16 from Elann suits me just fine. I am, however, considering at-home means of getting gold onto the yarn. Fabric paint? Jones Tones foil?

Friday, October 05, 2007

Tangled Yoke Pictures

Buttons and everything!
tangled yoke
tangled yoke back

Tuesday, October 02, 2007


I've finally gotten on to Ravelry! My screen name is Lobolita. (My little brother's nickname for me.) Come find me!

Tangled Yoke Finished!

Yesterday, I finished the last button band on the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. Here it lies in its blocked-but-not-dry state:


Pattern: Tangled Yoke Cardigan by Eunny Jang in the Fall '07 Interweave Knits
Yarn: Jaeger Trinity from Webs
Needles: #6 Inox circular, #4 Susan Bates circular, #0 aluminum crochet hook
Start-to-finish: About a month
Modifications: Not many. Other than using a completely different yarn, I only made two significant mods. Obviously, the first was making it short-sleeved. For the sleeves, I cast on the final number of sleeve stitches indicated in the pattern and worked 6 rows of garter rib before joining to the body. Secondly, instead of picking up stitches for the purl bumps on the collar and doing a three-needle bind-off with the collar stitches, I slip stitched the live collar stitches down to the purl bumps using a small croched hook. I decided to do this after seeing Sil's collar travails.

The pattern was extremely well-written. Even the complicated cable was quite easy, as long as I followed the directions. I'll post a modeled shot as soon as it's dry and I sew on the buttons.