Monday, May 09, 2005

Tiny, tiny needles

Crayons sock #1 is finished, and the toe is completed on # 2. I can hardly believe that I’ve knitted one object at this gauge (I’m knitting on Bryspun size 2’s), much less willingly cast on another. I still refuse to knit large objects on anything smaller than 6’s, though. All those Faire Isle sweaters that trip so beautifully off of other people’s Size 3 Addi Turbos will, alas, never grace my closet.

Speaking of Addi Turbos, I bought my first pair on Saturday at the Weaving Works in Seattle. It was their annual Mothers’ day sale, and I was shopping for my mother. For her, I bought 8 oz. of natural wool/rayon boucle, then rainbow-dyed it silver, Nile green, and sky blue. It came out pretty nicely, if I do say so myself. For myself, I dyed my 18 oz. of Blue-Faced Leicester roving in greys, blues, violets, and greens of varying strengths to blend with some hand-dyed purple/green/gold tussah sliver I got off E-bay last week, and some dark gray Tencel I bought in a spinning/knitting store in Snohomish. Since I have no carder or combs, it’s going to have to be blended completely through careful pre-drafting. I’ll tell you how it goes, but I must admit I’m dubious.

Tonight I’m going to try to figure out how to put some pictures in this thing so it’s more interesting, and I’m going to try to put myself on some web-rings so I get some traffic going. I don’t even want to think about putting a counter up. It’s way too depressing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeana said...

Don't be depressed! You now have at least one faithful reader. Maybe we can get together and knit sometime...warning I am a complete beginner. I have not even finished my first potholder. But I think what you do with dying and spinning is beautiful!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home