Sunday, October 02, 2005

New month, old knitting

I'm still plugging away at my Andean Silk sweater. I've done the body up to the armholes, and have knitted one lace cuff. Now I have to pick up stitches along the cuff and knit straight for about 8 inches to form the sleeve. I decided that straight, three-quarter sleeves that belled into lace would best suit the lace panel in the center of the body and the scoop neck I intend to create as I finish off the raglan yoke. Here's the body as of Friday:



I'm hoping that knitting the sleeves, attaching them to the body, and knitting the yoke will make sleeve island seem like a short vacation rather than an endless siege.

I start my new class tomorrow. "Using Multicultural Literature in the Classroom." Sounds like a barrel of monkeys, doesn't it? At least it will be more interesting than "Introduction to educational research," which I'm taking on Wednesdays. So far, grad school isn't amounting to much. But then, I never expected it to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home