Saturday, November 19, 2005

$4.99 Merlot

So here we have a pear poached in spiced w--- sauce with chestnuts and sweet cream. Am I crazy, you ask? But of course!

Tim had to buy the w---, since I am contractually obligated not to. I won't even spell out w---, since who knows who may be reading this. So, for the record, no, I did not, on this day, purchase w---, nor did I poach pears in it, nor did I eat sauce made from this same, heat-dealcoholized w---. Nope. Not at all.

Or DID I?

Knitting has been slow but steady this week, as I have begun a new sweater in response to the intermittent frigidity of my new classroom. After the second day of having to blow on my hands to be able to type my lesson plans, I decided that wool was in order. Lots of wool. So an order to KnitPicks was made, and Wool of the Andes was purchased in various colors. I present "Zippy," a top-down cabled raglan with stripes and other knitted vagaries.



We shall see how she goes. I am still debating what to do for the hem, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Hmm...I sense a new cliche in the offing. "I'll knit that hem when I come to it" seems an apropos addition to my vocabulary.

Your assignment: Read the next chapter in your textbook and define all the bold terms in your own words. Oh, and use the phrase "I'll knit that hem when I come to it" at least once in your conversation each day. Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeana said...

Wow, I cannot believe you made Tim buy worm, and then make a worm sauce and then poach pears in it. Did you really eat WORM, Lorraine? This breach of contract in unbelievable. Geary won't even touch worm because of his contract. I'm not sure what do with you...I guess I'll knit that hem when I come to it. ;D

9:20 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Mmmmm. Pears in worm sauce. I can provide the recipe, if you like.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home