Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Irony

So my husband said to me, when we first heard about the Amigurumi competition on Etsy, "Hey, hon, why don't you make a pirate squid?"

"Hm," I said. "Sounds good, but let me make a few simple things first."

Like Jellyfish. So I make Angel and Devil Jellyfish.

Then, I say to myself "A squid is still too hard. I'll warm up to it by making a pirate whale. And so I do.

And then I say "Now that I've made a pirate whale, I want to branch out. What would be really aPEELing? (Get it, aPEELing, like a banana? Snort. I crack me up.) So I made a Bananamonkey, and put a lot of time and effort into it, because the competition was ending, and I wanted a good shot at a prize.

So the competition ended. And what won?

A Pirate Squid.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeana said...

Excellent example of irony...$90 for the pirate squid--are you joking me?!?!?!?! Do you think it will sell?

8:39 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

It DID sell. Almost immediately. I couldn't believe it.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home