Sunday, January 15, 2006

The twins

Introducing the Twins, Swifty and Windy.



The ball winder was a Christmas gift from my in-laws, and the swift a birthday present from my grandmother. A closer look at the swift:



She got it in the 1970's in some European country. She can't remember which one. My grandfather was stationed as a civilian with the military in France and Germany during my father's adolescence, and they traveled throughout the continent dickering in little shops and at flea markets. I'm afraid I'll never know the origin of my swift, but she is a beauty.

Swifty and Windy have helped me do this:



Yarn for the shop, now updated. Go over and browse and enjoy Swifty's efforts.

As for knitting, I'm on the third cable repeat on the first sleeve of Mariah and 4 inches from the ends of the sleeves on Lace Cardi. Progress pics in my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home