Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A trip to Seoul

I apologize that I took only 4 pictures on my trip to Seoul on Sunday, but my camera ran out of batteries, and so I couldn't get as many photos as I wanted. I'll be going again this weekend, and I'll be sure to take more pictures then.

First, we got on the Seoul subway, which was very clean and nice, and the signs all had English on the bottom, for which we were grateful. I was with 12 other teachers, and we all scattered in groups of two or three.


The subway was empty at times, and fairly crowded at others.


We walked all around Namdaemun Market, which is acres of twisting alleyways filled with hawkers selling everything from knives to bathtowels.


And emerged from the market to see this enormous monument in the middle of a roundabout, the Korean version of the Arc de Triomphe. That's Janine, whom I drug around with me all day. We had lots of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home