Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Knitting! Blogging! Life!

Since I last posted, there has been much crafting but little computing. Setting up classes on my work computer effectively nixes the desire to come home and spend an hour on my own PC. But life will revert to normalcy soon.

I finished a One-Skein Wonder in Katia Papiro, a discontinued steel-lavender cotton/linen blend I got from the clearance rack at Spin-a-Yarn in Edmonds.



Modifications:
Knit in DK weight on Size 6 needles, so I kind of made up the stitch counts as I went along.
I used yarn-over increases instead of make-one increases, so there are little lacy rows up the raglans and along the front hem of the sleeves.
I knit the body border in seed stitch instead of ribbing.
A great knit and a cute pattern. I highly recommend it.

I also entered some handspun in the Evergreen State Fair and won three 4th place ribbons.

My fair entries:


Third from right.


Third and fourth from left.


Disqualified because my scale and theirs had a difference of opinion over exactly how much an ounce is. I'm really bummed, because not only was it my best yarn, I had another 4 ounces of it at home.

Last evening's project was to paint a border in the downstairs bathroom to give it a little pizzazz before our big open house in a couple of weeks. Here are the results:





What do you think? I have determined that freehand border painting is far easier than stenciling, because it requires less exactitude, which has never been my strong suit.

And now, I have a date with the laundry. Au revoir.

2 Comments:

Blogger Teyani said...

your yarn is gorgeous.. too bad for them that they disqualified it! THEIR loss!
Also your border is yummy! You have a great talent!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Jeana said...

Congrats on the awards! I LOVE the green in the second picture. Also, I meant to tell you when I saw you the other day at school, but your bulletin board on your back wall is awesome!!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home