Monday, January 23, 2006

Go Hawks!

So I really don't understand football. It's not that I'm incapable. Indeed, anyone who can read a lace chart and reproduce those symbols in thready yarn on tiny needles ought to have the brainpower to understand any sport they choose. I am deeply interested in the nuances of baseball, and even enjoy watching my students play basketball now and again. It's just that football has no pull for me. I've been to high school and college games, and even watched a bit on the TV with my dear husband. But my overwhelming reaction is "meh."

Football makes excellent knitting time, though. Hours of television I have no desire to pay attention to--what more could I want? The only disruptions could come when my husband jumps from the couch yelling over some thing or other and catches my yarn on his jacket zipper. Other than that, no prob.

So the Seahawks, my hometown Seattle team, are going to the Superbowl for the first time in the team's history. Since the Knitting Knotebook has declared for Pittsburgh, I will declare for Seattle. Two Waters is now an official bandwagon Seahawks knitting blog. Eat your heart out, Steelers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home