Sunday, September 03, 2006

Of Harlots and Shawls

Guess who I saw tonight?



And guess who else was there?



About 500 knitters. Maybe more. It was crazy. Stephanie was, as ever, amusing. This was the first stop on her latest tour, so she was charmingly frazzled, and sticking pretty close to her notes. She was wearing her Icarus, which she blocked on her living room floor last night, and I was wearing my Icarus, which I blocked on my sewing room floor last week before I became deathly ill. Want a finished pic?



Here's the blocked shot:



Pretty, pretty eyelets running into pretty, pretty scallops:



Running into a pretty, fluted edge:



I've put some new yarn up in the shop tonight, and have 5 more skeins to post later in the week. It's great to be back in America, back on my feet, and ready to get back to work on Tuesday. My classroom is almost ready, and I am only a little bit behind it. September, here I come!

5 Comments:

Blogger Laughingrat said...

Whoa, Icarus is beautiful. Wow. Is that an old-skool Oriel pattern two motifs in from the edge? It's so pretty! I am knitting Seraphim right now and making a few mistakes, but generally having more success with my first big lace project than I would have expected. :)

8:13 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Thanks. I don't know about Oriel, but I think the designer was pretty clever to make all those slightly different motifs come together in the end. It was a really fast knit as you can see. Good luck on Seraphim! I can't wait to see it.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Jeana said...

1. I think Icarus is sensational.

2. That one shot kind of makes you look like BatGirl

3. Looking like BatGirl is sensational.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Batgirl to the rescue. My superpower is manipulating long strings into complicated configurations. It's a very slow superpower.

3:01 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Very,very lovely. The color looks beautiful on you with your dark hair and winter coloring.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home