Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Bad News

First off, we're not in Brazil. Things have been...delayed. The Brazilian government doesn't particularly like American volunteers, apparently, so it's really hard to get our visas through. So we're waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Did I mention we're living with my parents while we wait?

Right now, we're waiting in Long Beach, WA, which is kind of fun. We went to see Mt. St. Helens, too, which was awesome.
Us at Mt. St. Helens
That was a pretty big boom when it went off. The National Park area around the mountain is incredibly desolate still, but Weyerhauser has done great job of replanting its lost forest.
Check out those pyroclastic flows
It's pretty amazing what one little volcanic eruption can do to a landscape.

I've also had time for a great deal of knitting. I finished the Roundabout Tank, a shell of my own design, my Hedera socks, and am currently 5 inches into the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. With nothing else to do, I've discovered I can really fly through the yarn. I'm also forcing myself to practice some project monogamy, or at least bigamy, by having only one large project and one pair of socks on the needles at the time. That way, I actually finish things. Imagine that.

Very bad pictures of my Hedera Socks, featuring Abbey:
hedera
Hedera2

Pattern: Hedera, from Knitty
Yarn: Panda Cotton, in Red Cinnamon
Needles: Socks knitted one at a time on two #1 Inox 16-inch circulars.
Comments: I like the pattern, and I like the yarn, but Panda Cotton is a bit too splitty to knit lace comfortably. I'd pick a different yarn for this pattern if I were to knit it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

So nice to see Abbey again! The area around Mt. St. Helens is so interesting to see. Hope you will soon be able to make your trip to Brazil.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home