Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tangled Yoke Finished!

Yesterday, I finished the last button band on the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. Here it lies in its blocked-but-not-dry state:

tangledyokedrying

Pattern: Tangled Yoke Cardigan by Eunny Jang in the Fall '07 Interweave Knits
Yarn: Jaeger Trinity from Webs
Needles: #6 Inox circular, #4 Susan Bates circular, #0 aluminum crochet hook
Start-to-finish: About a month
Modifications: Not many. Other than using a completely different yarn, I only made two significant mods. Obviously, the first was making it short-sleeved. For the sleeves, I cast on the final number of sleeve stitches indicated in the pattern and worked 6 rows of garter rib before joining to the body. Secondly, instead of picking up stitches for the purl bumps on the collar and doing a three-needle bind-off with the collar stitches, I slip stitched the live collar stitches down to the purl bumps using a small croched hook. I decided to do this after seeing Sil's collar travails.

The pattern was extremely well-written. Even the complicated cable was quite easy, as long as I followed the directions. I'll post a modeled shot as soon as it's dry and I sew on the buttons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home