Monday, August 01, 2005

Tivoli Update

But first, another project:

These are "Marakesh" semi-sheers from Fred Meyer, hung today on bronze-ish leafy curtain rods from Wal-Mart. I only go to the best home decorating shops, you know. The husband lurking in the corner of the photo is very grateful that I do not make him help with this process.

And now, Tivoli:

I have cast off the sleeves and joined for the body. So far everything is going well.
Pattern Modifications:
1. I knit 2 rows of seed stitch around the neckline and around the sleeve edges. I'm hoping this will stabilize the edges a bit, since I've heard they have a tendency to curl.
2. I have added short-row bust shaping, since the tee is quite fitted and it could probably use a little extra room. You can barely see them in this picture, but, I suppose that's a good thing since short row shaping is supposed to be virtually invisible.

Lily is a great help to the designing process.

1 Comments:

Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Gee, isn't it nice to have such good helpers when you need to use your yarns?

Very cute blog. Keep up the good work. I want to read this one, too! Was Lily actually biting in that picture?

Lella

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home