Thursday, January 26, 2006

Progress

Sorry about the radio silence. Night classes on top of full-time teaching have really been taking it out of me recently. I've finished one sleeve for Mariah and am nearly done with the back. The pieces are knit separately up to the yoke and then joined for the raglan decreases. Unfortunately, the cable ribbing on the lower edge of the back is drawing in alarmingly, leading to that pooched-out-over-the-ribbing look I so despise. I'm hoping the ribbing will block out a bit, but if it doesn't, I'm going to have to rip out the back and figure out some modifications. I already know I'm going to have to modify the neck to make it higher and give it a collar instead of a hood.

That has been most of my knitting lately. I sewed myself a bigger purse so I can carry around whatever piece I'm working on. It seems to get done more quickly that way. I promise there will be pictures of both purse and sweater pieces soon.

I also got a new toy:


An RCA Lyra. 4 gig, so I can have a couple of audio books and a few hundred songs on it at the same time. I love it so much. This is my first MP3 player, and I'm hoping it will lead to more exercise, since now I can have it on when I walk the dog or hike. I know, I know, what an exciting life I lead.

1 Comments:

Blogger carrym said...

And don't forget about the knitting podcasts! ;)

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home