Saturday, October 21, 2006

One Finished Object

I give you Sienna:



Obviously, with some mods. The big one is the yarn, which is not the Blue Sky Alpaca called for in the pattern, but Malabrigo handspun in the Thistle colorway. Nice yarn, okay pattern. My other mod was to make it 3/4 length sleeves rather than full length, since I tend to push my sleeves up at work all the time.

This is a comfy cardigan. A bit too boxy, in my opinion. It adds pounds I don't need to add. I think if I made it again in the future, which is unlikely, I'd add significant waist shaping. The yarn is lovely and soft, and I like the color.

The other major project I'm working now is top secret, so I can't show it here, but hopefully you'll see the pattern somewhere else someday.

P.S. I was interested to note the three new yarns on the KnitPicks website. This looks like an Elann-style short run, or perhaps they're market-testing some new lines. I ordered up a vest-worth of Wakashan in "Wild Cherry Quinault." Worsted-weight baby alpaca. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home