Tuesday, February 21, 2006

In BONDage

Lookee here:



A Bond Incredible Sweater Machine, bought on EBay for $32, used. I shall call him "007." When deciding whether or not to buy it, I read that you either get it right away, or it's a huge struggle. Luckily, I picked it up pretty quickly, and produced this:


Project: Felt Bag
Yarn: KnitPicks Wool of the Andes
Pattern: Knit a rectangle. Seam it up one side and on the bottom. Felt it. Cut handles. Voila.

This little machine is my new best friend. It's not perfect, and I'm not very good at it yet, but boy, howdy, can I knit rectangles! I have great hopes for getting large amounts of stockinette knitted very quickly. This will never replace handknitting for me, but it will make some things easier.

My second project with 007 was this hat


Project: Pinky Hat
Yarn: KnitPicks Wool of the Andes
Pattern: My own.

I knit the body of the hat flat, then seamed and joined to knit the crown and brim in the round. Check out the spiral decreases:



I'm really loving this Wool of the Andes. It is softer than I expected, and felts beautifully.

I made a hat for my husband this weekend, too.


Project: Green Hat
Yarn: My own handspun, handdyed cormo yarn.
Pattern: Short-row shaped man-hat, lined with black polar fleece.

And the short-rows on the crown:



And last, but not least, the Raspberry Jaywalkers:



And, for the nerds among us, our latest PastCast is up, this one on George Washington.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Love the purse! About 10 or 12 years ago I had a knitting machine, but I couldn't figure the bloody thing out and I sold it in frustration. Kudos to you for getting the better of that contraption. I have a picture of the socks I knit from the Bombay at my site. I don't know if the picture will copy very well, but I'll try to send you an email. Happy knitting!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home