Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Yarn! Socks! Other people's knitting!

Heide has finished a pair of socks in TwoWaters Bombay Merino Sock Yarn! They are GORGEOUS.

I've updated the shop with handspun silk, a couple of sock yarns, and two new sock yarns I knitted up on 007 before dyeing in a self-striping pattern. This, I learned, is WAY too much labor for something I'm going to sell, but it was really fun anyway. If I charged by the hour of labor for my yarns, these two puppies would cost about $65 each. But what can I say? I am a slave to my art.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Because I have enough sock yarn to knit for 15 lifetimes, I just bought some more! So beautiful...love the new process with the fading stripes!!

6:23 AM  
Blogger aija said...

Your sock yarn with the knitted panel yarn is beautiful!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Quikeye--thanks! I had so much fun doing it. I may have to do some up for myself at some point, if I can finish the Jaywalkers.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Laughingrat said...

The idea of knitting the yarn, then dyeing it is really innovative. You say that you'd have to charge at least $65 just to make up your labor on it--why not? Sometimes my artist/crafter friends have found that when something can't be sold at a price most people can afford, they can actually price themselves into an entirely new marked by pricing the item at what it's really worth in terms of labor and materials. I wonder if there's a place online more suitable to that than Etsy, or if you could open your own boutique?

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home